Safety critical information on Wikis should always be verified before proceeding, for several reasons:
- Wiki articles can not practically cover everything.
- The writing of an article may be incomplete when you read it.
- Almost anyone can edit wiki articles at any time.
- Errors and omissions occur in real life.
- Laws and regulations change over time.
- Interpretation of regulations and law may change over time
- The article may assume necessary knowledge that some readers might not possess
- Situations not expected by the author will change the specific requirements for safe work in some cases.