Spray-on Roof Insulation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Spray-on Foam Roof Insulation has been much criticised for its problems.
- Does not permit water drainage or evaporation
- No air gap between insulator & tiles/slates to allow airflow for drying
- Increases chances of structural timber rot, and repacing a timber roof structure isn't cheap.
- No ability to inspect timbers after insulation is sprayed
- Prevents re-use of roof covering. This creates an additional expense & in some cases renders historic fabric unreusable.