Talk:Historic Mains Cables

From DIYWiki
Revision as of 21:37, 4 February 2010 by (talk)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

You note that VIR section talks of two forms: singles and twisted, then goes on to picture a third form? ;-) (possibly more correctly TRS - but the phrase VIR does seem to be commonly used for rubber cable with an overall insulation as well as individual.

--John Rumm 17:19, 1 November 2009 (UTC)

Although the abbreviation VIR (Vulcanized Indian Rubber) is often misused when it should be VRI (Vulcanised Rubber Insulation)

Harry Shannon 4 February 2010