More bolt types will be added as and when. Please chip in!
- A particularly versatile pattern of bolt
- Screwdriver drivable head
- Drive the nut for the max possible torque
- Usually used with square nuts
- Despite the name, its a large coarse thread woodscrew.
- Gives a far stronger fixing in wood than a regular sized woodscrew
- A bolt that expands on tightening.
- Fixes into masonry - but not near edges, or it'll split the masonry.
- Not as strong an attachment as a resin fixed bolt
A J shaped clamp
- Aka interscrew or sex bolt
- One half is hollow, the 2 halves screw together
- Mainly used for fixing kitchen cabinets together to keep them aligned and gap free
- Available in all plastic, all metal or a mix.
- Miniature ones used for stationery are called binding screws