Jump to navigation Jump to search
Muck in dishwashers can be non-visible and can create a variety of symptoms:
- failure to clean well due to one of the arms not spinning freely
- flooding or leaking due to the water level sensor being gunged up
- poor cleaning performance
A machine can look clean, but be a real mess in the hidden plumbing.
There are several ways to clean them out.
- dishwasher cleaning bottles available from supermarkets
- citric acid
- trisodium phosphate
- trisodium phosphate substitute
- running the machine as normal but empty
- sugar soap, available from BMs and paint suppliers