From DIYWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


not sure if this should go in plastics cat as well NT 14:21, 29 April 2007 (BST)

U values

It would be good to give some figures for various types of material. --John Stumbles 11:06, 22 May 2007 (BST)

Yes. :) NT 16:45, 22 May 2007 (BST)

Gable End walls

"wood and upvc cladding are both used on gable end walls for some reason" Probably more to do with damp proofing than thermal insulation, gable ends are often problematic walls as far as bringing damp into the house - which will of course make the property feel colder.


Polystyrene paws 1763-2.jpg

Plastic paws have been spotted used as cavity insulation... no really :)


Do you suppose we ought to move the tables of K, R, & U values into a separate article rather than have duplicates, or alternatively consolidate the ones in the Heat loss article here instead? --John Rumm 15:34, 23 December 2009 (UTC)

Actually I think it can be a good thing to have 2 articles that cover to a degree the same ground. The 2 look at the same subject from different angles, and with quite different styles of information presentation. I might add a link near the top on this one to the Heat loss article too.

Personally I'd be happy to watch both articles develop over time for now. FWIW I was planning to split Insulation into 2 separate articles, but along different lines. There's still plenty of work to be done on it.

If you want to put some of the insulation values into the other article, the values mostly came from wikipedia, and I can't promise they in every case match BS specs. I'd best add a note about that. NT 18:33, 23 December 2009 (UTC)