Nige, the object of the exercise is to leave some useful information that is also informative and interesting to read. Trimming a number of quite valid benefits of the system just devalues the whole piece. --John Rumm (talk) 13:23, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
Who are you trying to kid? You "snipped out" most of the article!
In short you removed:
- the description of what a pocket door is, and how it works;
- details on where and how it saves space;
- application note for use as a "temporary" door - room dividing etc;
- application note for use for sub-dividing rooms where there is inadequate space for a conventional door (en-suites etc);
- that its a relatively easy DIY install;
- that there are self install kits available;
That was why I reverted your edits.
I do agree that some of the language was a little too full of marketing hype, and there was a dubious claim on the amount of floor space saved, so I toned those down.
IMHO the wiki would benefit from greater rather than fewer contributors, and trashing articles from new contributors does not seem like a productive way to encourage more contributions. --John Rumm (talk) 01:04, 13 June 2018 (UTC)